A Chair Affair
‘A Chair Affair’ is Grandmothers 4 Grandmothers Regina’s newest fundraising event. Artists from Regina and area will take a chair, stool, or similar item and turn it into a work of art. Please see below for our current requirements – chairs and artists wanted!
Scrabble and More
After eight years of Scrabble fun, it’s time to “refresh” our annual event. We’re going to expand the game choices beyond Scrabble. This year Cribbage and Trivial Pursuit will be added. Refreshment options will be new and interesting! Despite the changes, this will still be a pledge-based fundraiser, with prizes and draws.
Please watch for the poster, and updated information, to appear in this space in the very near future!
Watch for news about our brand new spring fundraiser!
Swing into Spring with Rosie & the Riveters
Swing into Spring with Rosie & the Riveters was a warm and wonderful evening of marvellous music, fabulous food, friendship and fun. Thank you so much to all who attended and all who generously donated time, talent and goods in support of the event.
ART from the ATTIC
G4G Regina will be holding its 5th annual ART FROM THE ATTIC sale on Saturday, September 16, 2017, 10 a.m. to 5:00 pm, at the Cathedral Neighbourhood Centre.
When you’re spring cleaning, save your no-longer-loved art as donations will be accepted June 1 to September 13. Drop-off locations and additional information will be posted on the G4G website and FB page by mid-May.
Past Events and Fundraising Opportunities
- Sept 17, 2016 – Art from the Attic (AFTA)
THANK YOU. Once again, the community has demonstrated its support for AFTA in a myriad of ways. We would like to extend our deepest appreciation
to customers who generously opened their wallets;
to donors who contributed close to 1400 pieces of art;
to our sponsor, HARVARD COMMUNITIES, for providing us with space to prepare, price and store the art, a real game-changer
to Atelier Arts, Colorburst Paint Benjamin Moore, Elements of Colour Benjamin Moore Paints, and Independent Living for their willingness to be drop-off sites for all the wonderful folks who contributed pieces of art to the sale;
On another note, we would be remiss if we didn’t share with you that increasingly, we find ourselves in the welcome position of accepting pieces of art with reserves that range from $200-2500, all in support of G4G and the Grandmothers Campaign.
AFTA will continue to sell art through the Saskatchewan Network of Art Collector’s fall and spring on-line auctions. Once that concludes, we will be able to share with you the total amount raised in what is turning out to be a stellar fundraiser.
- October 30, 2016 – Scrabble for Africa fundraising event
- Sept 17, 2016 – Art From the Attic (AFTA)
- April 30, 2016 – Jabula! Our 10th Dinner & Fundraising Evening
- October 31, 2015 – Fabric, Yarn, and MORE Sale
- September 26, 2015 – Art From the Attic sale (AFTA)
- April 24, 2015 – Jabula! A Dinner & Fundraising Evening
- March 9, 2015 – Film Screening
- November 2, 2014 – Scrabble for Africa fundraising event
- September 20, 2014 – Art from the Attic Sale (AFTA)
- May 9, 2014 – Jabula! A Dinner & Fundraising Evening
- November 15 – 17, 2013 – Merchandise sale at Wintergreen Fine Craft Market.
- October 27, 2013 – Scrabble for Africa fundraising event
- September 11, 18, 25, 2013 – Merchandise sales at Regina Farmers’ Market.
- September 28, 2013 – Art from the Attic Sale (AFTA)
- May 11, 2013 – Jabula! A Dinner & Fundraising Evening, with guest speaker Paola Gianturco.
- April 13, 2013 – Merchandise sale at Celebrate 50 Plus Showcase and Tradeshow.
- March 8, 2013 – A fundraising concert, in celebration of International Women’s Day, featuring Alt-Pop Folk singer, songwriter, pianist Jeffery Straker.
- March 7 & 8 – Merchandise sale at CUPE convention.
- March 8 – Merchandise sale at Regina Teachers’ Convention.
- December 2012 – Family & Friends Shopping at Ten Thousand Villages.
- November 17, 2012 – Merchandise sale at
https://www.viagrasansordonnancefr.com/sildenafil-pfizer-prix-vs-viagra/Wintergreen Fine Craft Market.
- October 21, 2012 – Scrabble for Africa fundraising event.
- September 28 and 29, 2012 – Prairie Region Grandmothers’ Gathering. G4G Regina was pleased to host the 2nd Biennial Prairie Region Gathering for members of the Manitoba and Saskatchewan grandmother groups.
- September 3, 2012 – Merchandise sale at Lumsden Duck Derby.
- September 1, 2012 – Merchandise sale at Regina Farmers’ Market.
- May 12, 2012 Jabula! An African Evening fundraising dinner and silent auction at Queensbury Convention Centre, Evraz Place, Guest speaker was Sally Armstrong.
The Regina G4G has been organizing various fundraising events since 2006.
Thank you for supporting our fundraising events and merchandise sales. These events provides us with funds that we can send to the SLF to help Grandmothers in Africa who have lost their children and are supporting their grandchildren.